3 DAYS TO BHRIGU LAKE
At an altitude of 14,300 feet above sea level (half the elevation of Mount Everest) and south of Rhotang Pass, sits the holy Bhrigu lake. Most mountain lakes are situated between river or glacial beds at lower elevations in the valley but Bhrigu is unique in the fact that it sits atop a mountain ridge. Experience a three day trek to this holy natural wonder! The trek itself starts at a lower elevation of 13,000 feet where you will ascend up the mountain slope past rolling hills, shepherds and their flocks, and scenic views that look west over the Manali Valley. Famous peaks include: Indrasan, Deo Tibba, Hanuman Tibba, Makerbeh, Shikarbeh, Shitidhar, Friendship Peak, and Ladakhi put on show themselves around you. So be sure to bring your camera!
- All Meals (Vegetarian Food); except breakfast on arrival day and dinner on departure day
- Tented accommodation in alpine tents: Twin/ sharing tents, sleeping bags, foam trekking mattresses, dining tent (if the group has more than 4pax), and toilet tent
- Trekking Guide
- Kitchen/Cook Staff
- Taxi from Hotel/Guest House/ Bus Station
- Taxi from road head place Vashishat to Hotel/Guest House/Bus Station at Manali town on departure day
- Yoga Instructor
Duration & Fixed Dates:
3 Days (3 days, 2 nights)
- 27 /4/2018 to 29/4/2018
- 04/5/2018 to 06/5/2018
- 25/5/208 to 27/5/2018
- 21/9/2018 to 23/9/2018
- 28/9/2018 to 30/9/2018
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstance like bus delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Medical Evacuation
- Insurance Coverage
- Porters & Horses
Cost (Euros & Dollars):
Cost per Trekker: ₹6,500/rs (€90 Euros)
Cost includes everything mentioned in Included Services.
Detailed Day-to-Day Itinerary
Day 1: Vashisht or Manali to Moridugh Basecamp - 3 Hour Trek -2800mtrs
From your Hotel/Guest House at Manali,or from the Bus Station Manali a Jeep/ taxi will you to the neighboring village of Kulang. This is where you will begin your journey. It will take approximately 4 hours to reach the camp. Upon your arrival you will be welcomed with a hot, freshly cooked lunch. In the evening there will be a yoga asana and meditation session. Night in tent.
Day 2:-Trek to Bhrigu lake – Meditation -4200 mtrs 8 Hrs
After an early breakfast and collecting your pack lunch for the day, you will begin your ascent to Bhrigu Lake. For the first two hours, you will trek through dense silver oak forest. Reaching an altitude of 10,000ft, where the forest starts to recede and vast meadows begin. Even in April, May and June, these meadows are covered in snow! Snow trekking in the middle of summer. The trek provides a panoramic view of the Manali Valley. After reaching Bhrigu and spending some time there, we will have a brief meditation session.In the afternoon you will begin your decent back to basecamp, followed by evening meditation .Discussion on Yoga and Pranayama. Night in tent
Day 3: Moridugh to Vashisht –4 Hour Trek
7.30AM Yoga Asana and Pranayama. Brunch will be served at 10 AM . After breakfast, a free 30 minute mediation session in the forest will be offered to anyone interested.After that, you will begin your descent to Vashsiht from basecamp. Vashishat is one of the prominent tourist spots of Manali and is famous for its hot sulphur water springs. You can take a hot sulphur water bath in the public baths. You will be dropped off at your Hotel/ Guest House in Manali or the Bus Station Manali by a Jeep/Taxi.
- Flights can be arranged from Delhi/Kullu if you do not with to take the Volvo Night Bus
- Trekking is not a requirement. Guests can stay at the homestay/preferred hotel
- Please notify us or the family if you have any specific dietary needs.